Sunday, February 13, 2011

Is Mucus A Sign Of My Period

24 FEBBRAIO-IO SONO MIA- VAGINARIUM


APERITIVO VERNISSAGE CON FRANCESCA CURTI
autrice della mostra “Vaginarium”: un linguaggio nuovo per parlare liberamente di cosa significhi oggi essere donna e della nostra sessualità, circondati da opere strong expressive power and can generate endless emotions.


"I asked for nouns, adjectives and colors outlining the vagina and it came out
many, all different. I tried to explain this real bombardment of words.
For us women the word vagina is not only describes a part of the body, but an entire world
.
I tried to express in painting that is part of the imaginary women.
I gave myself a theme and I have dealt with paper, cloth and color. I came out with a tribute to Vaginarium
Giosetta Fioroni (words in the form of heart) and years of Pop Art in general
, which are also the years when women began seriously
to speak of them, the years in which Judy Chicago developed the Dinner Party. But I want to do
abstract painting. I realized that
vaginas become geographies and geographies
reminiscent vaginas, some are abstract paintings, others have not been able to untie
evocation that caught me.
This work is a kind of bric à brac is for me a flash
the world of women and an opportunity to paint. "

Francesca Curti

I AM MY


Every Wednesday at 21 to invite all participate in the 'female assembly
"I AM MY. An informal meeting where the front glass di vino e a una fetta di torta cerchiamo di aprire spazi di discussione legati alle tematiche di genere per fare autocoscienza, autoformazione e riappropriarci della nostra identità di donne nel contesto sociale nel quale viviamo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment